Saturday, November 9, 2013

30 Days of Thankful ~ #9


These three beauties make my life richer and more rewarding than I could have ever imagined. All the things they say about grandchildren being wonderful are understated! On a scale of one to ten for involved grandparents, my husband and I probably rank a twelve! We see them almost daily. They are as comfortable at our house as they are their own. I know lots of people in our stage of life who are traveling and buying vacation homes.My husband does not envy these people. He says we are exactly where we are supposed to be in life, helping to look after and nurture these children. Soon enough, they will choose friends over us and we will see less and less of them. Why would we miss this opportunity to spend time with them whenever we can? We are the lucky ones.
Today I am thankful for the love and joy and laughter times three that I get from "the littles".
Blessed...abundantly blessed!

1 comment: