Thursday, November 14, 2013

30 Days of Thankful ~ #14

I love my morning ritual. It involves a cup (or two) of coffee and the morning paper. I am an early riser and it is my favorite time of day. It is quiet and peaceful. The day is before you and holds all kinds of possibilities and potential. No matter what occurred yesterday, the morning is ripe with a clean slate and a new start. The busyness will come. The list of "to do" will grow, but for now, nothing matters except the aroma of coffee and a good, old fashioned newspaper to read. In fact, all five of my senses are used in my morning ritual. I touch and see the newspaper. I smell and taste the coffee. I hear....nothing, except the sound of silence.
Today, I am thankful for this pocket of peacefulness in my morning ritual.

No comments:

Post a Comment