Tuesday, November 12, 2013

30 Days of Thankful ~ #12

 Almost two years ago, I got the insane notion that I needed a dog. My husband was less than thrilled with this proposition. Callie Girl has been an unending source of joy for me since the day I rescued her from the shelter in Irvine. Although he will never admit it, my husband also has grown to love her. She gets walked two or three times a day. The neighbors tease me as I walk by, saying that dog is spoiled and walked more than any other dog they know. My reply is always the same, "It's good for both of us!"
 Yes, dogs are a pain. They jump in trash cans to find food! They demand your attention when you are tired after a long day. However, I am happy to report, this rescued pup has NEVER chewed a shoe or ruined anything around the house.
She tolerates the grandkids carrying her around like a doll and stuffing her in baskets. She is always ready for a belly scratch. She is a good snuggler. She loves unconditionally ~ a great lesson for us humans.
Today I am thankful for love in the four-legged, furry variety.


No comments:

Post a Comment