Saturday, November 16, 2013

30 Days of Thankful ~ #16


“Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.”
― Mother Teresa
 “It's being here now that's important. There's no past and there's no future. Time is a very misleading thing. All there is ever, is the now. We can gain experience from the past, but we can't relive it; and we can hope for the future, but we don't know if there is one.”
―George Harrison

Well, there are two pretty divergent people who gave us those quotes and yet they both said the same thing. I am a worrier by nature, so I stew much too long over past shortcomings and future dreaded possibilities. Frankly, both are such a waste of time. Living in the present is a difficult mental attitude to achieve, at least for me.  When do I notice that I am in the present? Usually, when I am aware of the small joys around me. I stop all the "head chatter" and listen to the world I am in at the moment. I really listen to the little ones. I am sitting and petting my dog. I am savoring a good meal rather than rushing through it.
Today, I am thankful for the precious present. I am especially thankful when I can "Be here now."

No comments:

Post a Comment