Wednesday, November 20, 2013

30 Days of Thankful ~ #20

I have been horrible. I have said hateful things. I have hurt people, especially those closest to my heart. Things happen in life that we wish never had. We are all hurt and disappointed and embarrassed by our actions at times. For all those times, I am ever thankful for your forgiveness. I probably don't deserve it, which makes it an especially difficult gift to accept. 
Forgiving someone else, frees both of us. Forgiveness doesn't mean that you deny the other person's responsibility for hurting you, and it doesn't minimize or justify the wrong. You can forgive the person without excusing the act. Forgiveness brings a kind of peace that helps you go on with life. 
Today, I am thankful for the forgiveness that I give to others and the forgiveness I receive from others. May they both help me to grow as a person. 
Biggsuzi

No comments:

Post a Comment