Tuesday, November 19, 2013

30 Days of Thankful ~ #19

For those of you old enough to remember, Art Linkletter had a show on TV many years ago called, "Kids Say the Darndest Things". On it, he would have a casual conversation with children about any number of subjects and more often than not, they would say something totally hilarious, unscripted and unplanned.
My grandkids would all make wonderful subjects for that show if it were still around today. They come up with some of the funniest, most clever things that have me rolling on the floor laughing most every day.
While spending the weekend with us, Abbey had her bath and asked if she could wear my Turbie Twist. It's a towel that is made to use after you wash your hair to help get the moisture out. I said sure and wrapped her hair in it. I guess at their house Maddy has one. Abbey said, "Yeah, at home Maddy always gets the Turbie Twist and what do I get?? Wet hair on my pillow!" Oh the injustice of it all!!
Today, I am thankful for the funny things that "come out of the mouths of babes." They make me laugh a lot and make me aware of simple joys.

No comments:

Post a Comment