Wednesday, November 13, 2013

30 Days of Thankful ~ #13

I am a chronic mult-tasker. Doing many things at once, never really stopping to take a breath and slow down are aliments from which I have suffered for years. There is always a project on my desk or at the dining room table. The one time of the day when I try my best to stop and just relax is when I have my bubble bath. I can't go to bed without a bath, no matter how late it might be. I don't like showers. They are purely functional as far as I am concerned. Get in, get clean, get out. But a bath, ahhh, now there is a reason to linger. It must have bubbles and it must be very hot. I would say it ranks second on my favorite things, right behind a good run. I can think about nothing or think through ideas and situations that are on my mind. Somehow the bath washes clean, not only my body, but my mind as well.
Today I am thankful for a bath and the peace it brings to me.





No comments:

Post a Comment