Tuesday, November 26, 2013

30 Days of Thankful ~ #26

Some people are always longing for "the good old days". There are blogs out there that are quite popular titled "The Pioneer Woman" that promote getting back to simpler times. Well, I for one, want no part of being a covered wagon pioneer. I love my modern conveniences. I appreciate that my lights turn on at the flip of a switch. I appreciate that my car starts when I need to go somewhere. I appreciate that I have television, 24-hour news available and radio stations galore. I appreciate my oven with its timer. I appreciate automatic sprinklers so we never think about watering the lawn. I appreciate flying to visit a friend or a new city. I appreciate my washer and dryer. I appreciate the ability to phone a friend halfway across the country just to say "hi".
The women in this photo were probably 25, look 35 and felt 45!! So much for the "good old days"!
Today, I am thankful for every little modern convenience that we so often take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment