Thursday, November 21, 2013

30 Days of Thankful ~ #21

Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby.

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/langstonhu108462.html#HKspk4xDcM4XCfrD.99


"Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby." ~ Langston Hughes
My daughter asked me last week if it was difficult to find something to be thankful for and write about every day. She wondered if saying I was doing it for 30 days straight was too much. Would I run out of things? She also asked if I wrote the blog ahead of time. No, I answered, I write them each day. It always seems like something happens that makes me take note and be thankful. Writing it daily keeps it more in the moment.
This morning, I was awakened by the sound of rain falling. It was still dark outside and there was no sound other than the rain. I thought of getting up and looking out the window at it, but, instead, I remained in the warm bed just listening to it. It sounded so beautiful and peaceful. I imagined the wonderful smell of the rain and how clean the air would be today as a result of it. 
Today, I am thankful for the rain, rare as it is around here. Can I finally wear my new wellies??
Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/l/langstonhu108462.html#HKspk4xDcM4XCfrD.99
 Today I am thankful for the rain, rare as it is around here. Can I finally wear my new wellies??

No comments:

Post a Comment