Monday, November 11, 2013

30 Days of Thankful ~ #11

Here's a cold, hard fact. We do not get to choose who our children marry. The ones we love, pick the ones they love and we are just along for the ride. So far, I am happy to say, the ride has been pretty smooth and not very bumpy. My son-in-law has always been very open to us being around a lot. I think he appreciates the help with the kids. We love to cook Sunday night family dinner together, something my "non-cooking" daughter fails to understand! He also gets along great with my husband as they both love the outdoors and have been on many trips and adventures together. Occasionally, people will say, "Your father-in-law is going??!!!" Sean always tells them, "Hey, it's Marko. I wouldn't go without him!"
As most of you know who read this blog, my son got engaged last Thanksgiving to this lovely lady, Emily, or, as I like to call her, "EB". Early on, she saw we were a crazy, highly opinionated, quick to make a sarcastic joke family. She fits in just fine! She even laughs at my husband's jokes where we all just roll our eyes when we hear them. She makes my son happy, and that makes me happy. She is a part of us already, but we look forward to "officially" welcoming her into the family with a wedding. I need a new batch of babies to love! Hint! Hint!
Today I am thankful for these two and all the joy they have brought to our family.
 

2 comments:

  1. You are a national treasure....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words, Johnny! It means a lot when my words and/or thoughts touch others. Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete