Wednesday, November 27, 2013

30 Days of Thankful ~ #27

While reading my latest running magazine, I came across an article entitled, "A Season to Streak". Before you get excited, it has nothing to do with naked running!! I, too, pictured Will Ferrell running down the street!
It posed the challenge that you run from Thanksgiving Day until New Years Day, every day, at least one mile. What?!?! That's crazy, I thought but I couldn't get this holiday streak out of my mind. Sign on and gut it out, it proclaimed. Generally, I run three or four times a week. The distance I shoot for adds up to 15 to 20 miles per week. Sometimes, it is more. Sometimes, it is less. I have never run 35 days straight, which is what it is on this year's calendar from Thanksgiving to Jan 1st. Should you run these "old bones" 35 days straight? Do I want to run 35 days straight? Is it a risk for injury? Is it possibly a GREAT challenge??  Then something appeared in my newsfeed on Facebook talking about the same streak. It even had a cool countdown to print (see above). That's it!! I decided it was a sign. I am supposed to challenge myself to do this!! I figure, some days I may end up on the treadmill in the house at 11:30pm at night to make sure I get my one mile in that day. Whatever! I am going to do it!!
Today, I am thankful for new challenges. Challenging myself scares me and, yet, exhilarates me even more.


No comments:

Post a Comment