Saturday, November 23, 2013

30 Days of Thankful ~ #23

As I type this blog on my computer, I am reminded how important my hands are to me. They let me reply to emails, flip though the pages of magazines and, most of all, they allow me to hold the hands of my loved ones. The "littles" are not so little any more. Abbey especially, doesn't much care for holding my hand in the parking lot of stores or crossing the street. She is big and can "do it herself" ~ just ask her! I try and explain that she is holding my hand, not so I can protect her, but so she can protect me! Somehow, this explanation satisfies her. I remind them all that I hope they will hold my hand when I am really old and need them to help me. I hope and pray they remember these conversations in the future.
 A touch of your hand on a shoulder or a pat on the back, can make someone's day and you may not even realize it. Touch has magical healing powers. Touch connects us.
Today, I am thankful for my hands and their ability to touch, feel and show people I care.

No comments:

Post a Comment