Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Work/Play

Running headlong into the busy holidays makes me ask the question ~ Do we need to work more or play more? Each of us must answer this question for ourselves. At times, we get stuck and think we need to buckle down, pull ourselves up by our bootstraps, etc. etc. This sounds like an admonishment for not working hard enough. While it could be that, maybe when we find ourselves the most "stuck", we need to play a little more and work a little less. I consider myself a high achieving perfectionist who is hard on herself. Always in the back of my mind is the little voice saying "do more, make more money, create more, what's next on the list?" Rarely do I have down time and, frankly, I feel guilty when I do have some. I am not a good relaxer. This is not a gift, but a curse. Oh, I do gets lots of things done in any given day, but at what price? When my head is spinning with too may thoughts at once, sometimes instead of accomplishing a lot, I just go in circles and actually accomplish very little. Peacefulness and quietness are gifts I'd like to have along with the drive and motivation I already possess.
I will be thankful for quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment