Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Counting Sheep

There was a song I heard on the radio today that said, "When I can't sleep, I count my blessings instead of sheep." It seems only fitting that it has stuck in my head all day when it is almost Thanksgiving ~ a day of counting blessings.
Funny thing about counting your blessings, while you are doing it, there is no room for worry or anxiousness. Why is it so hard to keep that at the forefront of our mind? The negative tapes play so much louder and automatically. We beat ourselves up for what we are not, rather than pat ourselves on the back for what we are. Complimenting others is easy. Complimenting ourselves seems almost outrageous! Well, here goes...I am organized, dependable and generous. Whew! That felt funny! You should try it. It might feel better the more we do it. Let your light shine, not only to others, but to yourself as well.
When we count our blessings, let's count ourselves as one.
Happy Thanksgiving, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment