Saturday, November 6, 2010

Health

Running this past year and a half has made me aware of my body aches more than ever. I am very careful and watchful to see if my back is screaming at me or I need to slow down and take a break. As my dear husband reminds me, I am not a world class athlete nor a 20-something.
Overall, I am a very hearty and healthy person. I can count on one hand my trips to the hospital and most of those were to have a baby. I don't know why I have won the health lottery so far, but it seems that I have. Why do some people enjoy good health and others are constantly suffering from one ailment or another? I have always said I am too busy to be sick. If only it were that simple, I would gladly stay very busy to avoid any major health issues. However, we all know this is not the case. Genetics and lifestyle play an important part in our health, but beyond that, it can come down to just plain, dumb luck. The key is being thankful on the days that we put our feet on the floor and feel fine. We humans tend to ignore what is right under our nose and take it for granted. It is only on the morning that we wake up feeling awful do we notice our health at all. Shame on us.
I am grateful for health.

1 comment: