Friday, November 5, 2010

Rule #6

The kids love to go to Burger King, get lunch and then play on the outdoor play structure. We have perfected this plan by first going to Panera Bread and buying food that we adults actually want to consume. We then take it over to BK and enjoy it while they play. The last two times we have been there, I have noticed the sign on the outside of the play structure that gives you all the rules. They seem pretty normal (remove shoes, may be hot in the sun, etc) until you get to #6. It says, "If you see anything weird, tell the manager." I laugh out loud every time I read it. This rule can be interpreted in SO many ways. What is weird? It is some guy hanging out there that didn't bring any kids? Is it a kid with a bad rash? What defines weird in this day and age? Does Burger King have a different standard of weird than the rest of us? If you don't know exactly what they mean, how will you know to report it to the manager? I often think my husband (Pa) acts weird. Should I report him?!
Maybe we should go back to McDonalds!
I am thankful for signs that make me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment