Saturday, November 13, 2010

Brother-in-Law

Over the 35 years I have been married, I would have to say that my brother-in-law and I have not been particularly close. I would even say we didn't much like each other for a few years in there, but I am writing this to say, I think he and I are more alike than I ever stopped to realize. He has been helping my husband on the weekends with the guest house we are building for my mother-in-law. I would venture a guess to say, he is really having fun helping and watching the structure go from concept to reality. He and I have had some time to talk, discuss ideas and suggestions for the house. He has expressed his concern over this decision to have my mother-in-law so close to us and I really appreciate that he's even thought about it. He wants what is best for his mom, sure, but he doesn't want it at the price of my relationship with my husband. I am touched that he has even considered this aspect. It makes me like him more than ever. How can we not like someone who cares about our well being? I think the key to a great life is surrounding ourselves with people who truly care about our well being and we theirs. It makes it all worthwhile.
I an thankful for my brother-in-law.
P.S. Kevin, I hope you don't need to be resuscitated after reading this!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sister-in-Law My heart did skip a beat,but every word is true.I had some of those same thoughts on the way home tonight! I am thankful for my sister-in-law.Tell Mark I"ll see him next weekend for more FUN.

    ReplyDelete