Thursday, November 4, 2010

Imperfect Me

Recently, I read someone else's blog and I was appalled by what I read. It seems this person thinks so highly of herself that she gives you tips to "be just like her"!!! She may not come right out and say it that way, but, believe me, that is exactly what she is intimating. I am here to tell you now, dear reader, I hope I have never suggested anyone be like me. Why would anyone want to be like someone else? We all struggle with self doubt and insecurities. I find it more enriching to be around people who know they are flawed and, yet, work daily at being better or more enlightened. When we share thoughts and ideas, we come away with a new perspective that can add to our life's journey.
I had originally titled this entry "Imperfect You" and decided to change it. I have no right to label anyone with that title, so I changed it to "Imperfect Me". Now that is something I can claim and own. I stand before you with all my bumps, warts and imperfections. I don't want anyone to be like me. I challenge you to strive to be the best YOU, you can be, bumps, warts and imperfections included!
I am grateful for me...work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment