Friday, November 12, 2010

Grade "A" Grammie

Hopefully, we give and receive many compliments, but I think the best one is what the little boy is saying to his grammie in this cartoon. Just like with parenting, we are not given a rule book for being a grammie. It's on the job training, for sure. Yes, you can reach back into your memory of things you did with your own children, but somehow it is different. You learn early on, all your grand children are different with their own unique personality. The one thing I have found that they all have in common, however, is that, most of all, they just want you to stop, look at them and listen to what they have to say. You can almost see them blossom right before your eyes when you do.
My only question is, why do all grammies have to be portrayed as gray-haired and bespeckled?!
I am thankful I look like a modern grammie, or as Maddy calls me "Gram Girl"!

No comments:

Post a Comment