Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Thoughts on Love

"Do I love you because you're beautiful, or are you beautiful because I love you?"
~Rodgers & Hammerstein - Cinderella

With it being February and Valentine's Day around the corner, I thought I'd do some thinking about love. I really like this quote because it speaks to the fact that we all fall in love with someone for various reasons and often those reasons can only be seen by us. Case in point, have you ever had a girlfriend go on and on about how gorgeous this guy is and how wonderful his personality is, etc, etc. and then you meet him and think, WHAT?!?! This guy is nothing like she described to me! Maybe this is where we got the saying, "Love is blind." With some people's choices, you think love is not only blind, it might just be deaf, dumb & blind!!
I read something that said, "Love me when I am the most unlovable because that is when I need it the most." I think this is the mark of true love. We humans can be pretty beastly at times. Those people that stick by us when we are beasts truly love us. They take the good with the bad and some how come back for more. We thank them by loving them back - even when they are the beast!

3 comments:

  1. I am a beast...Especially lately... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grammie aka BiggsuziFebruary 2, 2010 at 7:44 PM

    And the good news is, we still love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, That hit home today as I struggle loving my teenagers.

    ReplyDelete