Saturday, February 20, 2010

Rare Moment

I don't know about you, but I usually hate every picture of me that is taken. Last week, I had photos taken for my new business and website (check it out at www.thedayyourway.com). The photographer is Lam Huynh ~ Seen by Lam. Her work is amazing. She really has an eye for capturing people looking relaxed and happy. I asked her to use the lens that makes you look thinner and younger! When she sent me this picture, along with others, I was so surprised that I didn't hate it! In fact, I might even say I liked it! It didn't hurt that before the pictures were taken, I had my hair done by Nancy Rees. That is called stacking the deck - hair and photo by professionals. No wonder the movie stars always look perfect in photos. They have had people pampering them for hours ahead of time.
Amber, my daughter, says I am the historian of the family because I am always the one taking the pictures and capturing the events in our family. Truth be told, I like it behind the camera. I rarely end up in a photograph and I don't have to agonize about my hair or anything else looks. I guess that's why this time, I had to share this one with you. I'm keeping a copy in my desk drawer and when I have a bad day, I'm going to pull it out and remind myself that I clean up good!

1 comment:

  1. Pumping your own tires on Feb. 20!?!? Did anything else happen on that date besides you liking a photo of yourself? Unreal Big Suz! Weak!

    ReplyDelete