Monday, February 15, 2010

Opportunity

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door."

Have you ever noticed that many people in life are waiting? Waiting for the right job, waiting for their true love, waiting for things to get better, waiting, waiting and waiting. It seems to me that a lot of time is wasted in this waiting. I would rather forge ahead and see what happens. In moving ahead, even into the unknown, it seems there is more opportunity for something to happen. Yes, there can be false starts, even failures, but even in failure we can grow and learn. I prefer that painful growth to just waiting. I am not a patient person who likes to wait. My husband says I "pull the trigger" too quickly in many things. He may be right, but there is little chance that I am going to change. Truth be told, I really don't want to change this about me. My mind is always thinking ahead and visualizing the next opportunity. There may be obstacles in the way, but, still, the opportunity calls to me and I want to go with it. Even if I have to build the door first to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment