Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Another Men Vs. Women

I found this old cartoon that I have been saving for probably 20 years. It still makes me smile when I read it. It also makes me stop and wonder why it would never be a picture of two boys in the picture.
We women have made ourselves crazy for decades trying to be eternally thin and young and beautiful. Where we look in the mirror and see every flaw, men look in the mirror, never seeing the paunch, grey hairs and wrinkles and proclaim, "Dang! I look pretty good!" Men and women find themselves on opposite extremes. Maybe somewhere in the middle is the happy ground we should we trying to achieve.
"You look good for your age." ~ What does that mean? Is it a complement or not? I know in my head that people mean well when they say it, but my heart still longs to be the cute, hot chick in her 30s. I was in line at Starbucks the other day and the man behind me struck up a conversation. Let's just say, I am pretty sure he was around when Hoover was president! He was actually flirting with me! I went home and told my husband, "As long as they are old enough, I am still eye candy!"
I have decided to start hanging around the outside of rest homes. I think it will do wonders for my self esteem!

1 comment: