Thursday, February 25, 2010

Plan "B"

I am an organized person. I make lists. I make plans. This is how I like to run my life (and if you ask my husband, everybody else's life as well!!) More often than not, things don't go as planned. Today was one of those days. Today I stopped everything and held a sweet two year old granddaughter with a 102 degree temperature. She did not want to be put down. She wanted to hold my hand. She wanted me to gently rub her head. She dozed in my arms. I got nothing else done, but, actually, I got the most important thing done. I forgot all the other junk that fills my life and I was 100% there for her. I forgot about my plan for the day and I shifted to Plan "B". Her needs were my Plan "B". When she is grown, I doubt she will ever remember this day. As for me, I will never forget it! I thank God for what these children have to teach me. I only hope I am a good student.

2 comments:

  1. That is beautiful You are a wonderful grandmother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is lucky to have you...

    Mama A

    ReplyDelete