Sunday, December 12, 2010

Whirled Peas

At this time of year, there are plenty of words written about what the world needs and what we should REALLY want for Christmas. I know I should be an informed adult and want the economy to get better, understand the importance of Wikileaks and how it affects national security, wish for wars to end...you know, whirled peas...I mean, world peace!
Here's the thing. My world is a lot smaller and simpler than those problems. I do long for there to be peace and happiness throughout the world, but, for me, I long for it more in my own house. Selfish as this may sound, I think it is an honest feeling and one most people can relate to more than world problems. I want my husband to be healthy so he can continue to be here and take care of all of us as only he can. I want my two children to be happy adults and embrace life, both the good and the bad, with kindness in their hearts. I want my grand children to enjoy being kids and laugh and play and experience all of life never doubting how much they are loved. I want them to end up being happy and productive citizens of this world.
On a smaller level, I want gas prices to stop climbing every week. Nobody's talking about it, they are just sneakily raising the price. I want all my bills paid with a little left over to do fun things and make memories. I want to stay healthy enough to keep running as long as I am crazy enough to want to keep running. I want to keep learning. I want to remember where I laid my keys, why I walked in this room, and my own name!
And, yes, I want whirled peas too. We had zucchini last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment