Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Lessons for Me

I received a text from a dear friend yesterday afternoon. It said ~ "Dinner & a movie tonight?" Now this may seen no big deal to most of you, but for me, I was confronted with a couple of things. One ~ I am a planner. While I would like to think I am spontaneous, I guess I am not really at all. I like to have things on my calendar and know what's coming up, this week, next week, etc. This was so sudden! I mean, you really don't plan it, you just decide that day to go?! What a crazy notion! When I told my husband, his response was that it sounded like fun and why wouldn't I go? What about dinner, I asked. Isn't there plenty of stuff in the frig? Yes, this was true. No one would starve if I took off for this madcap, unplanned adventure! So, I texted back and said yes, what time and where to meet? Her reply was the restaurant, the movie and that she'd pick me up. Herein lies my second lesson for the day. I ALWAYS make the plans for most things, with family and with friends. I suggest the restaurant, I check the movie times, etc. I didn't have to make any decisions!!! It felt kind of funny, but in a good way. All I had to do was be ready and go! While I know that I will continue to plan and prepare and suggest adventures in the future, this felt really good for a change. I was along for the ride. I got to look out the window instead of reading the map!

No comments:

Post a Comment