Sunday, December 19, 2010

Cards

One of my favorite things about this time of year is receiving all the Christmas cards in the mail. Seeing the designs and updated photos of people is such a treat. I have been making our family cards for, well, as long as we have been a family. Each year an idea pops into my head and develops into a photo card with a corny saying to go along. Over the years, my children complained about taking the photo each and every time. It just seemed like part of the tradition at our house. Now I have the grand children to include in the card making process. As anyone with small children knows, getting a photo of little people, all looking where you want them to look, all doing what you want them to be doing, is a daunting task. Even if they are far from polished and professional, I think the cards reflect who were are. Looking back over some cards from many years ago, long before we had the advantage of computers and photo shop, I cringe at how amateur my efforts were. They still make me smile. They still show a moment in time that I remember capturing, sometimes easily and other times, through angry tears because no one was cooperating with my brilliant idea. Either way, in the end, it was worth it.
I've already got a few ideas for next year's card!

No comments:

Post a Comment