Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Rain, Rain & More Rain

After almost a week of solid rain, I had to share some thoughts about it. California hasn't seen the likes of rain in this volume in many years. Many say we needed it and I agree, but after days and days of nothing but rain, you kind of want to yell, "Enough already!"
Isn't it just human nature to long for what we don't have? When it's hot, we wish it would cool down. When it's cold, we long for sunshine. Are we never satisfied or are we blind to the goodness around us only when its gone?
The rain started out being a pleasant diversion, but now, even the simplest of errands become a soggy, difficult mess to navigate. In and out of the car hardly seems worth it. Do I really need to go to the market? Can it wait another day? Driving across town to a Starbucks with a drive thru window beats racing across the puddle laden parking lot of my local one. On second thought, maybe I can just make coffee at home and forget the whole idea of getting in the car at all. Spending time fixing my hair in the morning seems a waste. Frizz finds me quickly in all this dampness. I wish I looked better in hats. Tomorrow is my monthly appointment to get my roots done. Much like the postman, neither rain, nor sleet, nor hail shall keep me from my appointment! Rain versus red hair ~ red hair wins every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment