Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2010 Recap

Although I think making resolutions is silly, I do like to look back over the past year and see what it brought. As in every life, there is good and bad ~ roses and thorns, so to speak. This is my last blog for 2010 and I have decided to make it a list of all the roses and thorns I can remember, both big and small. I am so excited to be turning my blog into a book. Most of what I write isn't earth shaking. It gives my overactive brain an outlet for some of the thoughts and ideas that hit me and, maybe, just maybe, something my grand kids can pick up years from now and read and laugh at what a character their grammie was.

ROSES
running my 1st half marathon
Sunday night dinners & good bottles of wine
trip to Austin to see my friend
changing jobs
family camping trip
San Francisco 3 times in 7 months
movie with girlfriends
grand kids getting older
reading some great books
freedom
dinners out with hubby
consistent running each week
writing my blog
running errands with my daughter
Jack saying I'm the "best cooker" ever!
Maddy making me laugh
Abbey's "looks"
continued good health

THORNS
broken bones in the Riley household
too much rain for the guest house schedule
more gray hairs and wrinkles
changing jobs (yes, rose & thorn!)
juggling family finances
too much time on my hands
forgetting to "be here now"
grand kids getting older (yes, R & T)
worrying about my adult children

My husband is constantly telling me what a great life I have and I need to be more grateful for it. After looking over this, I see that there are more roses than thorns. The roses are not really big things, but a lot of little things that make life good and worth living. Then again, the thorns are not big things either, nothing tragic or awful, just life. All in all, pretty darn good. Just don't tell my husband!

No comments:

Post a Comment