Saturday, December 18, 2010

Chocolate Classes




This year, I have been teaching chocolate candy making classes. Many of my friends have been kind enough to host a class. I show up with all the necessary tools, chocolate, molds, melting pots, pretzels, cookies, marshmallows, etc. to help them create some really fun and tasty treats. Each time I hold a class, I am always amazed at the creativity of people. At times, they come up with something I had not thought of before and I love it! Often, I hear someone say, "I am not creative or crafty at all. I can't believe I made this myself!" This makes me really happy because I know they go away from the class feeling good about themselves.
So many things in our daily life do not make us feel good about ourselves. We are in a pressure cooker society always racing and striving for bigger, faster, more. The negative tapes run louder in our heads than the positive ones. If I can help people, even for a short period of time, feel good about themselves, I am happy as well. Worry a little less. Love a little more. Although not easy, it IS worth trying each day ~ especially over chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment