Monday, March 1, 2010

New Beginnings

I was that kid that loved the beginning of the school year. The shiny new binder with perfectly sharpened #2 pencils held such promise and excitement of things to come. Now, as an adult, there are no new school years for me. I still like the beginning of things, though. Turning over the calendar this morning to a brand new month made me smile; another beginning that holds promise and, if I'm lucky, a little excitement.
What is beginning in your life? Are you open to new beginnings or do you shy away from them? I sometimes joke that the only thing I have stuck with in my life is my marriage! Everything else tends to become boring and mundane and I crave that feeling of newness that gets my brain juices flowing. I master something and want to move on to the next something. I often wonder if this is a flaw or quality in my personality. Too bad it can no longer be satisfied with a couple of sharp #2 pencils!

No comments:

Post a Comment