Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Baby Photos

Taking pictures of my grandchildren falls under the category of "you can never have too many!". I love to capture their expressions in different situations and I especially love to share these pictures with my friends. In fact, years ago, one of my friends commented that they hoped I didn't have too many grand kids because her refrigerator was already filled with so many photos of Maddy.
I recently read that a university in Scotland planted 240 wallets throughout the city to see how many were returned based upon their contents. None of the wallets contained money, but each had a photo of either a baby, a family, an elderly couple, or a dog. Overall people turned in 42 percent of the wallets, but the returns depended on the contents. Eighty-eight percent of the baby-photo wallets came back. Do babies universally pull at our heartstrings? Are we all suckers for that sweet baby face, even if we don't know the baby? Maybe babies represent the future and hope and promise. How can anyone turn their backs on those things? We could all use a little more hope and promise, so, quick, go get yourself a baby photo for your wallet. It just may be the ultimate pocket protector!

1 comment: