Friday, March 19, 2010

Clean Windows

I saw a talk show this morning that said the number one easy thing you can do to make your house feel refreshed is to simply clean the windows. It got me thinking about what we do to make ourselves feel refreshed.
If you have plenty of time and money, vacation always sounds like a good way to get refreshed. However, have you ever come home from a trip and proclaimed that you need a vacation from the vacation?! Thinking on a smaller scale, I think I get refreshed on my morning runs. I mentally plan my day, enjoy the cool breeze and the way I can push my body to keep going. I get refreshed when I read a book and get lost in the story and the characters. I feel refreshed when I get my hair done once a month and I leave knowing, yes, red really is my hair color!
What refreshs you? Think small scale and realize that we have the ability to get refreshed more often than we allow ourselves. We are so busy looking for the big vacation, the big pay day, the big "thing", that we miss the small, golden moments that can refresh us if we just allow it. Vow today to refresh yourself in some small way...even if you have to wash the windows!

No comments:

Post a Comment