Saturday, March 13, 2010

Holiday Cards

I love to make holiday cards. They always contain a photo and a silly saying ~ my trademark, I guess you could say. It started when our kids were young and I tortured the family every Christmas with my ideas. When the grand babies arrived, I realized I had an even better reason to make cards to share with my friends. I make cards for Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day and Easter. I have made dozens over the years, but this one still remains one of my favorites. Here's beautiful Maddy, about six months old, plopped in a giant planter. I love the look on her face, "Grammie, what are you making me do?!?!" I love her little, fat hands holding onto the sides of the pot.
Over the years, with the addition of Jack and Abbey, I find my ideas get harder and harder to execute. Capturing THREE busy, little bodies at once is not easy, if not impossible. They often don't share my enthusiasm for the creative ideas I dream up. I have resorted to taking individual pictures of them and making montage photo cards. The results are no less adorable and they remind me, once again, that plans must be flexible. I'm learning kids, I'm learning.


1 comment:

  1. That card is one of my all time FAVORITES!

    Mama A

    ReplyDelete