Thursday, March 25, 2010

Bucket O Fun

I am once again reminded that it is the simplest things that can make the grand kids happy. Michael's has these buckets on sale for $1.00 each. I bought 10! Yes, I am a little over board, but where else can you get this much joy for only one dollar?? I gave them each one and we spent almost an hour before and after dinner last night playing in the sand, water and mud. Their imaginations were running wild and what a wonderful things it was to be able to witness it. Maddy made a cake complete with a lemon on top from their tree in the yard. Jack made roads and lakes with water. Abbey wanted me to make sand castles that she promptly stomped on as fast I made them and laughed each time.
We think they need countless toys under the tree at Christmas or a mound for their birthday. They are actually happy with simple things that let them imagine and explore and, yes, get dirty and messy. They are even happier when we take the time to stay and explore with them. Time wins out over toys every day!
I am delighted that I can still make them happy for only one dollar. I am even happier that they still want me to play with them.

1 comment:

  1. I think we will all miss the days where we can make them happy for $1!!!!

    Mama A

    ReplyDelete