Thursday, May 26, 2011

Would You If You Could?

People often say they wish they knew what the future held, but do we really? We all are writing the book of our own life, complete with successes, failures and everything in between. If you could "jump ahead" a few chapters, would you? What would you read? Part of me wants to know what the future holds and how I can make it the best it can be (control freak). Decisions made today often have a ripple effect on the future, both big and small. Sometimes we can foresee these effects and sometimes, not. It is often only in the after look that we see the whole picture. It often comes with that "Ahh haa" moment when, what was once muddled and uncertain, suddenly becomes totally clear to us. Each action does cause a reaction and, for this, we must be accountable.
If crystal balls are suddenly sold on the internet, would I buy one? Maybe yes, but, most probably, no. As painful and scary as it sometimes may be, I think I will continue to write the chapters of my life one page at a time and hope that "The End" is a long was off!

No comments:

Post a Comment