Wednesday, May 11, 2011

What Is This?!

As most of you know, I am a natural redhead! HA! HA! I have a monthly date with my hairdresser to keep this fantasy alive. Every fourth week, I am amazed at what my roots look like. When I began dying my hair red over 20 years ago, I wasn't gray at all, just a mousy, boring brown. I had a doctor I had just met tell me once that my hair color (the red) suited my personality! Hmmm....fiery, bold, noticeable??
When did all this gray take over for the mousy brown? I realize that I am a grammie now, but I refuse to look like one. Rarely do I see a woman with what I would call a pretty gray color. When I do spot it, I always make a point of complementing the woman on it. I am pretty sure the gray I am seeing every fourth week is not one that would be labeled a pretty gray. It's just gray! I hope I never stop making it a priority to spend the time and money on fighting back the gray monster. Maddy made me a beautiful Mother's Day card and she drew a picture of us standing side by side. When she gave it to me she said, "You know it's us grammie, because your hair is red and mine is yellow." Man I love that kid!!!

1 comment: