Friday, May 6, 2011

Winning ~ Me???

I received a phone call from the Orange County Register this week and they said I had won a $100 gift card to Cost Plus World Market! Like most people, I responded with, "I never win anything!!" There is something sweeter about money won than money earned! That must be why the lights are still on in Las Vegas!!

I turned this....


Into this...
There was something so cool about strolling around, picking out things that I could get without spending my own money that made it such an adventure. Here's what I got: three bottles of wine, two with a rating of 92 points and one that had a pink pig on the label so I had to buy it, two dipping oils, two acrylic wine glasses for poolside, four stemless red wine glasses, two stemless white wine glasses, a can of salted almonds, a can of salted cashews, a bag of potato chips, gold coins for the babies, and four battery operated paper lanterns for the backyard this summer! It was the highlight of my day...maybe even my week!

Who says money (or free gift cards) can't buy happiness?!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment