Monday, January 11, 2010

Where Are Your Stamps?

I know in this fast paced world we are all into emails, texts, faxes, but I will never stop sending good, old fashioned cards and notes through the mail. Quick may be the way to efficiently get information from one person to another, but when it comes to touching a person's heart, I think nothing beats real paper!
I know how I feel when I discover a hand written envelope among the bills and ads that clog my mailbox each day. It makes me smile before I even open it. The very sight of it says that somebody cared enough about me to take the time to write something, address it, stamp it and put it in the mail. I love it! Often, I cut out an article that reminds me of a friend and send it off to them. It says two things. One, that I was thinking of them and, two, that I know them well enough to realize the article might interest them. It's almost like a long distance hug. All that for the price of a stamp! Now that's a bargain.


1 comment:

  1. Love getting stuff in the mail!

    Mama Amber

    ReplyDelete