Monday, January 18, 2010

Rain

The weatherman has said we are in for eight straight days of rain and this is something of a phenomenon in CA. Personally, I think the weather people are wrong more than they are right, but as I write this, it IS raining. It gives me pause to consider the effects rain has on people.
I have been in construction most of my life so the rain has not really been my friend. It means no work, no $$, and scheduling headaches. It has less affect on us now, as much of Mark's work is inside and can go on during the rain. Of course, right now, he has a huge job ALL outdoors, so it has come to a standstill for this week. Oh, well. It will be there when the sun comes back out.
Driving by the car wash, I realize how it affects the lives of those guys drying cars and working for tips. And by the way, if you are one of those people handing them ONE dollar, PLEASE give them two or three. I look at it like this - overall an extra dollar won't mean much in my life, but it could in theirs.
Rain makes you look at your perspective; another chance to see how you look at life. Some people walk in the rain, while others just get wet. Which are you? Rain causes mud puddles, but it also means rainbows.

1 comment:

  1. I give them 3 bucks! and yes, it is all perspective!

    Mama A

    ReplyDelete