Saturday, January 30, 2010

Verbal Sunshine

I have never been very impressed with movie stars. I watch people gush about this one or that one and I just don't see the infatuation. I am more impressed with the writers of the stories and movies in which the stars play a role. All you need to see is an interview with one of the "hunky stars" where they don't have written words to say and they speak off the top of their head. It is usually rambling and far from interesting! It proves my point that it is actually the words they speak while in character that makes them so "hunky", special or interesting.
Words are a very powerful things. Witness this power when you when give someone a complement. Their entire face can light up as a reaction. I truly believe you can make some one's day with a little "verbal sunshine". The beauty of kind words is that they are absolutely free to give! We cross paths with so many people in our day to day lives, think of all the "verbal sunshine" we can spread without reaching into our wallet. Most people can recall a memory from long ago where someone said something kind to them and it stuck in their head all these years later. That is priceless!

2 comments:

  1. Did you really call them "hunky" stars...OMG, sounds like dad...

    Mama Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that's why I used it! HA!

    ReplyDelete