Sunday, January 10, 2010

Manners

Ok, gotta complain a little here! I love to give parties and entertain, but I have a few gripes about it. First, why can't people be courteous enough to RSVP?? It means respond, people!! Tell me if you are coming or not! Don't think I just "know" you'll be there. I can tell you from experience, if people do not respond right away when they get an invitation, they usually forget to respond at all.
Much depends on a head count. I like to have the right amount of food and drink for my guests. I usually have "take home" treats. All these things equate to $ and time planning. Please remember this when you get your next party invitation, from me or anybody! Be kind enough to answer the hostess in the time frame she asked.
The other party complaint I have is the "no shows". Yes, I know, people get sick, babysitters flake, but I think most of the time it's just a lack of respect and consideration. They won't miss us if we don't show. No biggie, except when I will be eating Jalapeno's Mexican food for the next week with the leftovers!
Think what a better world it would be if we'd all be a little more considerate to each other...and RSVP and mean it!! :)
Thanks, I feel much better getting that off my chest!

1 comment: