Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sunday Night Dinner

Remember when Sunday dinner was a big deal? Your mom probably made a big roast with all the sides and everyone was expected to be there. What seemed like such a pain long ago is now a wonderful thing to duplicate.
Sunday dinners are the night we try and make something a little special and open a nice bottle of wine. My son-in-law and I often collaborate on a BBQ dinner. Tonight it was at my house and it was total chaos!!! Noisy, kids running every where, adults talking and Pa getting stuck with most of the kid supervision. From the outside, it probably looked crazy and far from relaxing. It is also full of life and laughter. These are the ordinary times that create the memories and traditions. I hope when I am dead and gone, my grand children recall these boisterous Sunday meals and the fun we shared. I hope they continue the tradition with their own children and grandchildren.

1 comment: