Thursday, December 17, 2009

Songs = Memories

I have been listening to Christmas songs pretty much non stop since XM satellite radio started playing them mid Novemeber. I drive a lot for work so I am in the car more than most people. I never get tired of listening to them, whereas, the minute my husband gets in the car, he can't change the channel fast enough! It drives him crazy (Bah Humbug!).

Some of the Christmas music I can do without - barking dogs doing Jingle Bells, but mostly it puts me in good spirits. I sing along in the safety of my car and hope that people who see me, think I am talking on my Bluetooth!

Music has a way of reminding you of moments in your life. Many can probably name the song that was playing the first time they slow danced with someone or at their wedding. Songs remind us of people as well. Each generation has felt some sort of tie to music even as their parents cringed and called it nothing more than "noise". Having grandchildren, I have been lucky enough to revisit some of the oldies but goodies I sang with my own children. I mean, really, who doesn't love "The Wheels on the Bus"?!?!

What's your favorite Christmas song? Is it religious (O Holy Night) or fun (Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer) or something else? No matter, enjoy the season and the joy it offers, even in song.

3 comments:

  1. I love all Christmas Music and kove to sing a long

    ReplyDelete
  2. From the spelling you should know who this if from, your Kiwi Friend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have lots of favorite songs, but the best is from Celine Dion, love her music

    ReplyDelete