Friday, December 4, 2009

Piggies


Anyone who knows me, knows I collect pigs. They are all over the house in various forms. This time of year, my special Christmas pigs emerge. The big pink one is outside the entry windows and is lit up. He is peeking out from the plants.
The picture on the right is of a new ornament display I bought this year. Crate and Barrel used these sliver things to display their ornaments that were for sale, however, the actual hanger was NOT for sale. They had so many requests from customers to buy them, they finally started making them for sale. I saw them last year and didn't buy one. When their catalog came this year, I decided it would be my "To: ME From: ME" gift. I think that is how you add to your decorations, a little each year. I love this one because I can change what is hanging from it each time it is displayed. This first year, I decided that the piggie ornaments get the honor. That's the great thing about Christmas and decorating. There are no rules, just have fun with it. Again, as I said in a previous post, we don't do "formal", we do "fun" at the Svobodas. I once had someone new come to my home and she told me she had never seen a house with so many whimsical things! I took that as a great complement. This stressful, busy world could use a little more whimsical. If you need a dose, stop on by!

No comments:

Post a Comment