Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Pay It Forward

This week, I drove through Starbucks and when I got to the front, I asked the clerk what the person behind me had ordered. He said it was hot chocolate. I told him I wanted to pay for it and when that person got to the window, tell them to "Pay It Forward". It caused several smiles among the workers at the window. One girl said that she was working once when it went for 31 cars; each person paying for the one in front of them and saying "Pay It Forward". How is that for random acts of kindness??
We often think we can't give BIG and ,therefore, we don't give at all. I disagree. Any small kindness shown to another person can make their day. We never know what is going on in someone's life, but usually, we all have our struggles and strife. Showing a small kindness could make their day, especially coming from a total stranger. All I know is I felt great after doing this small thing and driving away, never having spoken to the recipient. Give it a try some time. I promise it will make your day better, along with theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment