Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Cards

I love mail. Oh, I know, it is mostly bills and ads, but at this time of year, it also brings cards. I have been making my Christmas cards for 30 years; some years they have been elaborate and some years simple. I get a kick out of incorporating a silly saying into each one and it MUST have a picture. People have told me they have saved all my cards because they enjoy them. It gives me such pleasure to hear this!
When our kids were growing up, getting this special picture (often with props) was never easy. They would complain, moan and just make it difficult. My "darling" idea was not what a pre-teen kid wanted to do. My husband was not much more cooperative, but he knew the force of my ideas and that I would not settle until I had just what I had pictured in my mind. One year, he said to the kids, "Let's just do what she wants so we can get the hell out of here!" Ahhh, I love that Christmas spirit, don't you?
Now, I have three other beautiful creatures to incorporate into my card ideas. I'm not going to lie to you, getting three kids to do what you want, under ANY circumstances, is not easy, let alone for a photo shoot. No matter, I will not give up! As long as I am able, I will continue to think up the silly saying and add the props to make the card. If it brings a smile to your face when you see it, it was worth all the grief!
In case you haven't seen it, here is this year's efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment