Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Last Minute Doubts

Every year, I have this moment, right before Christmas, when I have a panic that I have not gotten enough gifts or the right gifts or big enough gifts or whatever!!! We have always gone all out at Christmas. I love the holiday and I love giving gifts to people. I have always said that I would make a good rich person as I love to give, give, give. It makes me happy to see others happy.
My husband, on the other hand, does not love Christmas so much. He says that every day is Christmas at our house. We have been blessed with the ability to get or buy pretty much whatever we want or need any time of the year. He thinks the panic or worry I feel is a big waste of time and energy. On a logical level, I know he is right, but in my heart, I still want it to be wonderful and perfect and joyful for all. We discuss the merits of practical gifts over fun gifts. Guess which side he is on in that one?!?!
In the end, it has always turned out just right with smiles on every one's face Christmas morning. I have to remind myself of that fact. Maddy's preschool teacher last year had a great saying...
"You get what you get and you don't throw a fit!" I think I will borrow that saying for the rest of this week!

1 comment: