Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The New Year

We have a rule at our house that I cannot buy anything for myself from about October on because, I am told, I am so hard to buy for at Christmas. This year, I broke this rule because I was seeing a client in San Clemente and his office is on a street with the coolest boutique
shops. This plaque was in the window and really spoke to me. I knew I had to have it!
We all try and make resolutions this time of year; some are lofty and unrealistic and some actually hold the possibility of keeping them. One of my resolutions is to remember this saying throughout the year and not let things get me down. Yes, life has bumps in the road for all of us. You can count on it. We control so little of it, really. What we do control is our reaction and how much we let it upset us or eat away at us. It isn't easy to let things roll off our back, especially for a perfectionist like me, but I am going to really work at it.
Other resolutions: to run a 10k in 2010, to go to the movies more....stay tuned to see which resolutions become realities in 2010.
Happy New Year, All!!

1 comment:

  1. Great saying and i am sure it can apply to all of us!

    Mama Amber

    ReplyDelete