Monday, September 9, 2013

Gettin' Crafty

 We haven't put water in this fountain out front for over a decade. I put bird seed in it for a while til my husband said, "No more!! There is bird poop all over and it is making tons of weeds!" There was also a cat that was stalking the birds who tried to feed there. Not a pretty ending for one, let me tell you! Then I saw a photo of an old bird bath filled with succulents and I KNEW I had to duplicate it. I love the result and it didn't cost me a penny! That's the beauty of succulents. You can break off and borrow from plants you already have to make new arrangements. Reduce, renew, recycle! It is right outside the dining room window and I get to look out each morning and appreciate its beauty.
I am happiest when I am busy and being creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment